![]() |
| I'm lovin' it! Not. |
Don't know if the rest of the world is hearing about this, but right about now in the state that I live in, we're having some major rain problems. Last I heard 63% (I think, whatever the percentage was it was ridiculously high) of the state was flooded or declared a natural disaster zone. Pretty sh*t. The dams are around ~180% full and overflowing, and a LOT of suburbs are underwater. It's actually quite bad.
My immediate suburb/area isn't under any direct threat really, but then again these things are unpredictable. Just ask the little town of Toowoomba, which got snapped by a flash flood and hit by an 8m wall of water... all joking aside, that town has been destroyed. God be with them.
I think the death toll is at 10, with 78 people so far reported missing, but those numbers are set to rise. There are a lot of idiots out there at times like these just 'having a look' at the rising water levels and even some gits who think the time is ripe for 'hanging ten' or whatever it is surfers do apart from getting blazed and collecting their dole cheques every week (I’m joking… partially). Idiots like this waste valuable time and resources when authorities and SES personnel are forced to rescue them. There are people out there in critical need of help, they should come first, not idiots like these who knowingly put themselves in the proverbial Sh*t's Creek without any viable means of propulsion. But whatever.
So yeah, I'm not personally in any direct danger at the moment, and I should be alright My mum is kind of freaking out and getting me to pack stuff 'just in case', but that is what mums do I guess. The worst is apparently yet to come. I think my city, Brisbane (in Queensland, might help if I mention that), may be expecting a king tide at 3pm today or something. Not sure.
Maybe I should watch the news, but who has the time?
Peace out.
Rusted From the Rain
Billy Talent
Billy Talent III, 2009

billy talent is canadian. :D
ReplyDeletei did hear about all of this last night on the news.
I HOPE YOU'RE OKAY AND DON'T GET FLOODED AND WHATNOT! D:
Cheers, appreciate the concern.
ReplyDeleteBut I should be fine, it didn't even rain today, it was sunny. And it freaked me out haha. But a fair few people I know have had to evacuate or may need to soon, so it is pretty serious in other parts.
At least if my first letter to you is a bit late you'll know why :P