Sunday, January 2, 2011

New Year's Eve

Gotta love wide angle lenses

Yes, like a traditional person I went out with a few mates and saw the fireworks on New Year's Eve in Brisbane. I'm not a big fan of the drink so I was glad to do something other than going out and getting sh*t-faced like everyone else (but that's a story for another time).

I was glad for the opportunity to use my camera in such a way, as I've never done shots like this before. It also got me back into actually using my camera, something I regrettably haven't done for a while, even though I've bought a new lens. I'm actually pretty happy with how the shots turned out seeing as like I said, I've never done shots like this before. My vantage point wasn't perfect, and some tall douchebag twat-o-saur decided to just waddle over and stand right in front of me and my mates after the fireworks started, but disregarding these factors I still think the shots of the fireworks themselves turned out alright.


  
Ferris wheel... OF DEATH.







I took a lot more, but I'll upload them to my Flickr account later.

Anyways, I hope everyone had a good night that night, and I hope all of you have an epicly epic new year!

4 comments:

  1. your pictures are gorgeous!
    what kind of camera do you have? :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why thank you ma'am. I've got a Nikon D3000, and these pics were taken with a 18mm-55mm wide angle lens and shot using a tripod.
    How was your new year's?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the shots of the fireworks :D
    happy 2011

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year!

    Man, those pictures are sweet-sweet-nice.

    ReplyDelete