Finally.
This week was the first week back from holidays, so I only really started today so next week will be my first full week, but I was busy with my other job at the beginning of this week, so it was still pretty full on. My new job is 1st level IT help desk support at two schools, one of which is more than an hour's drive away... each way. So that's more than two hours travel time 4 days a week... my petrol spenditure is going to skyrocket, if BP shares go up in the near future, it's because of me. The second school, which I'm at on Fridays, is only half an hour away so that particular journey isn't too bad.
The job itself is pretty easy, I'm first contact for the
School Kid #:1"Hey, like, my laptop, it, like, won't turn on,"
Me: "...That's cos that's not a laptop, that's its bag."
School Kid #1: "Like, no waaaaaaay,"
Weeell, maybe I'm exaggerating, but most of the time, their 'problems' are laughably small. But there can be some bigger things, like the network crapping itself or a data projector dying etc, and that's more pressing, but for the money I (think) I'm getting, the work is pretty easy.
This is really all I've got time for at the moment, just wanted to post a quick update to let you guys know I haven't become a gypsy or something.
Peas out, and I'll try to do a proper blog entry soon.
What a Catch, Donnie
Fall Out Boy
Folie à deux, 2008
You need to do IT at my school...our technology guy is in his late 60's, and knows more about punch cards than the internet. Help??
ReplyDeleteYOU GOT A JOB!?!?!? YAYAYAYA!!!! I read the first line of this post and just had to leave a comment completely dedicated to you getting this job. And now I will read the rest of this post. So, until then...
ReplyDeleteTee hee.
ReplyDelete...You said 'Peas out.' Tee hee.
Again, congratulations on the job. I'm seriously happy for you. And those punks, ahem I mean kids, sound way, like, dumb, like, no waaaaaaaaay.
:)
well at least its not an overwhelming job? haha
ReplyDeleteBoyd: When in doubt - restart. Heh. But joking aside, you'd be surprised how often that trick actually works, no joke.
ReplyDeleteEeshie: Cheers haha :P It's good to finally be doing something with my life I guess, even if at the moment it's just a job. Still something, I guess.
Hannah: That is a definite plus haha. The work ain't that bad, but there is a fair bit of it, especially at one of the schools I'm at, they've had a bit of a rocky start IT wise.
Peas out!
ReplyDeleteand YAY, congratulations for getting a job!
I like you,followed.
ReplyDeleteAnything to do with Cheesecake is good for me