![]() |
| Amen, brother. |
I have to say, I am a huge fan of this picture. And no they aren't friends of mine, one of my facebook friends posted this on her wall, and I saw it there. As you can probably guess there was a lot of 'likes' and 'comments' when she posted it and also more than a few 'lol's'.
The reason I like this picture so much is because it's so damn true. I can count on fifty hands the number of times I've seen girls submit statuses (is that a word?) like the one above, where they lament about the douchebag boys they happen to know or date, or lament about guys in general. Now sure, of course there are guys are there who are worthy of these holy statusi (new word, take that society), but breaking news here folks; they aren't representative of the entire gender. Now I know most girls are aware of that last fact, but it still pisses me off when I see a status like that.
What pisses me off even more so, is when a decent girl starts going out with a guy who is obviously an arsehole. And of that there can be no doubt. I mean the guy has tattoos of men beating women on his arms, is wearing a singlet and also wearing his denim cutoffs millimetres above his knees. What kind of guy did you expect him to be? One who writes poetry and takes up botany in his spare time? What else can the girl expect when she goes out with a guy that is such a blatant douche and who gives a bad rap to all guys out there? It just annoys me no end.
That is in no way me saying the girl deserves to be treated badly or even abused, there's never call for that, ever. But can't she tell at a glance that this guy is just maybe a bit of a twat?
Anyway, I've kind of gotten away from my original point, that being that sometimes it's the girl who's at fault. Not every boy is innocent, but not every girl is either, and yet we only ever seem to see statusi like the one above from the fairer gender. Maybe that's because us guys aren't exactly that open with our emotions, who knows. There are plenty of girls out there who treat guys like crap and think we're all cut from the same cloth. And yet in their own eyes, they're saints. Grinds my gears, but then again, I stay clear of these crazy ladies. Bitches be crazy.
I'm joking. That's from the Big Bang Theory.
Anyway, that's my rant over. What do you guys think?
*By the way, hope the ladies aren't too offended/put off by the song at the bottom here... it's not done in seiousness *sheepish grin*
Jay-Z & Linkin Park
Collision Course, 2004

The first time I saw that picture, I felt like the guy should have been given a standing ovation. Seriously though.
ReplyDeleteI really, really hate it when girls say this, and I'm a girl, so that's saying something. It's just like stereotyping anything else, you know? Anyway. Yeah.
Also, the Big Bang Theory made me LOL.
I really, really, really want to meet this Toby Walters person. And have him send me candy and roses and ask me to dance. My God. That girl is so lucky that he liked her, even when she really has a horrid personality. She does not deserve him. Sheesh...
ReplyDeleteThat's beside the point, of course. But like Maggie Shirley, I feel like applauding this guy. He's amazing – and I'm not exaggerating in the least.
It's unfair. All you see on the status of girls is, “Some people just don't know how to be nice” or “I hate you” or “Guys are retarded” or some other stupid, vague message meant for usually no one in particular. But guys never, ever put something lousy and stupid about girls. It's just not fair.
You know, this post kind of reminded me of my 'Ode to the Nice Guys' post. Remember that one?
You're right. Bitches be crazy. And this one surely is.
:-)
haha oh my god. i love the big bang theory so much.
ReplyDeletei saw this on failbook! the girl's reply to this is cut off. :O
ReplyDeletestatusi is good. :D and i agree with everything you said.
I liked the song! And I agree, it's not a girl/boy thing, it's a horrible people thing. By which I mean, if someone is horrible, it doesn't matter if they're a girl or a guy, just stay clear from them.
ReplyDeleteI loved that /rant thing you did on my blog. You should do it on your blog at the end of every post because most of them seem to have the word 'rant' in them ^^ Not that I don't appreciate your posts. Contrariwise, actually. :D
wow i love this. and you're so right. and just think what a double standard it is. girls can write how guys are douches and dicks on their wall and 20+ girls will "like" it. but if a guy wrote that girls were bitches, he would be ridiculed and possibly mass murdered.
ReplyDeleteand i HATE girls who are only attracted to assholes. so weak. so pathetic.
this was a really great post. completely agree with you
Hiya, my name is Natalia, I found your blog through Lex's blog. I really like it so I hope you don't mind following. The good old male vs female wars. This time I'll go with the male team. I believe she deserves what she gets, if she constantly ignores a nice guy like that and goes for the "bad" guy then she has no right to complain about it.
ReplyDeleteMaggie: I reckon the guy deserves a medal too. Hopefully some other ladies saw that comment and he's got some deserved attention now, and that chick who posted the status gets some negative attention too...
ReplyDeleteEeshie: Hell yeah I remember your 'Nice Guys' post. I actually just went back and re-read it, it's a top drop from the op shop. HA. I have lyrical skillz.
Kassandrah: It is an awesomely epic show, which happens to be epicly awesome.
Furree: Ohhhhhhhhh, I wanna see what the other replies were on that status, woulda been a good read. And 'statusi'; spread it.
Lioness without a Pride: Haha yeah I do seem to rant a bit don't I... I guess that's why I like to do the odd lighthearted post to remind everyone I'm not a total scrooge. Like my facebook 'About Me' blog entry :D
Lex: It is a bit of a double standard isn't it? Ah well, guess it just lets everyone out there know just what these girls can be like when they shout it to the world like this chick did...
Miss Natcase: Yo, always glad to see someone new. Unless, it's like, Hitler or something. But yes, I hope you enjoy your time here.
I absolutely love the way you write! You're spot on and you don't hold back, which I totally appreciate and adore.
ReplyDeleteAs a girl who has dated douchebags in the past, I look back now and am like, "WHAT the eff was I thinking?!"
For me, I don't like generalizations about anyone or anything - it bothers me when I hear guys call all girls sluts or bitches, but it also bothers me when my girlfriends make generalized statements about how all guys are dicks or assholes. I think it's ridiculous that one bad experience with ONE guy, can make all guys assholes? The logic is lost on me (I feel like maybe I have to turn in my girl card or sister card though for not always agreeing with my girl friends?).
I love absolutely everything about this post and commend you for writing it! xo
Wow, thanks Allison. That means a lot, and I really appreaciate the comment.
ReplyDeleteI just hope all of my posts can stand up and be worthy of your praise haha.