The links seem to get deleted a lot, so if that one doesn't work just click here for the story.
The kid who got punched initially (Casey) is a 16 year old who has apparently been teased a lot during his life, and it is quite evident from that video that he's had enough. The little shi-, sorry, the little kid who started the fight, to me, had this coming. He deserved what he got. And you know what's stupid? Casey is the one who got in trouble for the incident, he actually got suspended. Now how is that right? All he did was defend himself. Hell, he even took the first punch - which was in the face - without retaliating. Now if I was in his shoes, I would have snapped then and there and gone to town on the little shi- sorry, on the kid. But he takes the punch (like a BOSS) and tried to fend off a few more. Only after more taunts and hits from the kid does he get galvanised into action and perform a freaking bodyslam that Stone Cold Steve Austin would be proud of. And as far as I know, the little kid didn't get any kind of punishment or reprimand whatsoever for his bullying attitude and outright sh*tty behaviour (although his hip does seem to be effed up).
I'm all for standing up for yourself, but I'm also against blatant violence and taking things too far. As I said before, Casey has allegedly been bullied for most of his life and there does come a time when you have to stand up for yourself and not make yourself an easy target, which is exactly what he, Casey, did. Kudos to him for making a stand and putting that little punk is his place (and then some). The news story I linked also lists the Facebook group which supports Casey. Now that link is a few days old, and currently the page has over 220,000 supporters, the vast majority of whom wholeheartedly support Casey and his actions.
Anyway, what do you guys think? Was Casey in the right or wrong? What would you have done in that situation, or if you saw something like that happening in front of you? I've never been bullied, and certainly not to extent that Casey has been and I can only imagine what he'd have had to go through on a daily basis before this incident, but I fully stand behind him and what he did to that little gutter-urchin. Bullying is a terrible and unfortunate thing, always has been, and I hope this video and the furore around it sparks things into a more positive action; by letting people who are being bullied know they can and should stand up for themselves and by also giving a warning to the punks doing the bullying that - in the words of Family Guy's Stewie Griffin - "their uppance will come". Go Casey.
Also, if the video link is dead, give me a headsup and I'll find a new one.
For He's a Jolly Good Felon
Lostprophets
The Betrayed, 2010
Let's cell him a little shit. You seem like you need to get it out of your system. ;D
ReplyDeleteNo, I totally agree with you. Casey did the right thing. AND ARE YOU KIDDING ME?? HE GOT SUSPENDED?!?
But, but, but, that's not fair!!
Ugh. People these days...
I know the suspending thing??!?? why does that always seem to happen? But I guess that's a trend for heroes :P
ReplyDeleteI'm with Casey, and the millions of others who realised sometime during the course of their unfortunate experiences with bullying that they are NOT in ANY way obligated to take bull from ANYbody. I too am glad for this apparent furore. God knows the world needs it.
ReplyDeleteI think he got suspended because he caused more physical damage than what he got. But why did no one take into account his mental trauma? The unfairness of it all stings.
I guess he did cause the kid some damage, but as far as I know, the little kid didn't get any punishment from the school whatsoever. That is complete bull.
ReplyDeleteI'm annoyed.
ReplyDeleteThis happens all. the. time.
But not everyone has the courage to stand up to the bullies like Casey did.
Schools should really work on better anti-ignorance/asshole programs.
OMG! OMGGGGG!!!!
ReplyDeleteI cried when I saw the vid. It really got me. I can't even imagine how his parents felt. They probably didn't know that this was going on. This kid gave hope to all bullying victims. Well done Casey! Well done!
It says the video got deleted, and I couldn't find it anywhere else! That's really cool, though. I NEED to find that link.
ReplyDeletehttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3hPGblHyTQ
ReplyDeletePoor quality one, but the only half decent version I could find.