Hey guys, I want to let all of you know about a great project that's going on through Blogger. Lewis Shaw, author of 'Stuff What I Wrote' came up with an idea of getting Blogger's from around the world to write their opinions on some of the biggest stories of this year. All of these articles are then going to be collected and combined into one book, and in turn that book is going be sold and money is going to be made - and that money is going to be raised for charity. Sounds good? That it is. I may have failed to mention that I am one of the twelve writers of this book (wink) so there's even more incentive right there to buy this book.
Head on over to the book's Blogger launcher site - The Thought Report - to find out more information on the book, the writers and the charity. You can see that some of the writers under the cunningly named 'The Writers' link that a lot of you already follow or know of quite a few of the twelve writers, so you already know that this book will contain a lot of great insight from great writers.
Also please check out the charity which we are supporting, Bulembu. Based on a small town in Africa, Bulembu aims to make a self-sustainable community out of the town which has since spiralled into the only town in the world with a negative population rate, and which also has a shockingly high AIDS ratio within the population. This happened because a mining company just up and left when the mine's resources dried up*. Proceeds from the Thought Report will be donated straight to the Bulembu chrity to do something for this small town and get it back onto its feet.
This is a great thing that's being done here, and I'm urging you to please at least have a look at these sites and see for yourselves just what it is we're trying to do here. And if you could buy the book and spread the word about this site, that would be even better. It's for a great cause, so if you can, please support it.
And I mean, you already know a fair few of these writers... so you know this book is going to be off the chain peeps. Get on it.
Cheers,
-Ash
It's Gettin' Better (Man!!)
Oasis
Be Here Now, 1997
*Bloody gits.
That's pretty rad!! I know what my next contribution to charity will be now.
ReplyDelete*high five* We rock! And this is going to rock! Now, if I just had time to write the freaking articles!
ReplyDeleteTHAT. IS. SO. COOL. OHMYGOODNESS.
ReplyDelete*girl squeal*
Do you have any idea when it will be published? Or the price range?
*girl squeal an octave higher*
MAN, I AM EXCITED.
:D
ReplyDeleteoh wow, this seems totally amazing. good luck! i will definitely buy the book.
ReplyDelete