Friday, April 22, 2016

Redux.

Where to start.

Has it been too long?

Yes.

Did I miss writing?

Yes.

Did I do anything to change that?

No.

Seems par for the course, for me. I know my problems, see my flaws, but do nothing to change them. A recurring theme.



I need to read more, and binge-watch things less. I need to get out from behind a screen, and get behind a good book. There's five books piled up on my bedside table, all unfinished. It's a sorry sight. I stay up too long on my computer, watching TV shows I've already seen before. When instead, I could be finishing a story I haven't been through before.

I want to read more of the classics. I last bought Frankenstein and Dracula, the latter of which is on the top of my pile of shame. I aim to finish that soon. And then start on Frankenstein, and then who knows what from there.

Being in front of computers give me migraines. What do I do for a living, for my nine-to-five? I'm a network administrator. What do I do when I get home? Get straight onto my computer. I had an absolute blinder of a migraine last night, and what am I doing now? Sitting in front a of a computer screen, ignoring the building throbbing pain behind my left eye.

But you know what? I need this. Not the pain (which is probably too deeply set in tonight for me to escape), but this -- writing. Typing, whatever. Putting thoughts down, like I used to. I want to get back into writing, back into drawing, back into creating.

I've had a real itch lately to do something creative. Draw, paint, write, whatever. I've taken up watching Bob Ross' The Joy of Painting episodes during my lunch breaks. That man is something else. Not just his artistic talent, his manner of speaking. It's hard to describe. It's easier to experience. Just watch one of his videos. He paints a masterpiece in under thirty minutes. And in that time, he soothes. He's a balm; his videos are an oasis on YouTube. If there is a cure for World Peace, he is it. Too bad he was taken far before his time. The world is dimmer without him in it.

Do I sound melodramatic? Watch a few his videos, then tell me I'm wrong.

This blog entry has no flow. But cut me some slack, it's been literally years since I've done this. Done this properly, I mean. I'm not counting that last post, which was pointless and self-aggrandising. And which I've since deleted, since it was utterly pointless.

I plan to do this more often. It doesn't even matter if people read this any more; it's cathartic to do this. It's a release, and I'd like to utilise this more often, like I used to.

I've lost touch; lost the skill of writing.

It's time to get it back.

3 comments:

  1. Hi, Ash! Hope you're doing great. I really enjoyed reading this post, I found myself relating to it and that was just what I needed. I remember, that was the best part of Blogger for me, finding like-minded people who all seem to go through similar things in life. I'd love it if you blogged again; hope you do, soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I emailed you, I hope you received it! Thank you for your comment on my blog post. I really appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete