Sunday, October 16, 2011

Trust Deceived


Sorry it's been so long between my posts, but it's just so hard to find the time to sit down and write a decent entry worthy of anyone's time. I'm not for writing short posts that are all flash and no substance; I like my stuff to be a bit more filling 'n shit. That being said, I'm going to shoot myself in the foot and do a shortish post anyway, just so that you guys know I'm not dead or handicapped (Geddit? HAND-icapped? How can one type a blog post without hands? Holy crap I'm amazing).




Anyways, recently I've been working (as you do when you have a full time job), and driving. A lot. I'm in my car over 10 hours a week just driving to and from work. It's not that bad, because I do legitimately enjoy driving and it gives me a chance to blast my music. I love music, which I'm guessing you know by my last two posts, both of which were kind of music centric. But yes, driving for that long enables me to turn up my music as loud as I want, because f*ck other people in their cars; if they don't want to hear my stuff, they can either speed up or slow down. More often than not they'll be slowing down because I drive fast. Yet with precision.
But yeah no I do tend to speed a bit... should probably stop doing that.

My job's been kind of stressful since the new term resumed. One school that I'm at attempted to upgrade/change all of their servers over the holidays, and that hasn't exactly panned out. There's still maintenance going on - after two weeks - to get stuff working again. And there are big issues. Like ridiculously slow logon times or not being able to logon at all wirelessly, sporadic or no printing, us not being able to reimage/reinstall windows on damaged laptops... the list just goes on. Basically anything that requires some sort of network connectivity does not work properly. It's been pretty bad, to say the least. And the thing is, no one knows just what is causing the problem. So that kind of makes it hard to fix. Shits crazy, yo.

Plus, my actual employer is pissing me off good-style. He's just gone back on so much of what he initially promised and just some of the stuff he's done seems shady. I've given him too much benefits-of-the-doubt and now I've just had too much. I've started looking for new jobs, and screw him if he doesn't like it when I find one. I drive 1,340km every bloody fortnight, and he's only paying me half of what he said he would for petrol. When I found out, maybe a month and a bit into the job and asked what was going on, he said he didn't remember saying that but he'd backpay me. So he did. Then he said he wasn't prepared to pay his employees for petrol. Well f*ck you, you did promise me. What he pays me doesn't even cover half of what I'm paying for petrol. And I pay a lot. I also found out the other day he hadn't contributed a single cent towards my super annuation (similar I think to social security)... and that's just not on. That was the straw that broke the wolf's back (that's me. I'm the wolf). I emailed him and he did reply like three days later and he was 'sincerely sorry' but there was an oversight blah freaking blah and that he'd put the money into my account. And he did, but what if I hadn't picked up that he hadn't? And, he also never sends me my pay slips. What's up with that? He says 'there's a problem with his email client not sending them automatically' or some shit, but I never believe him anymore.

I had a lot of respect for this guy when I first started out, but now I've got pretty much none left whatsoever. There have just been too many issues. I do genuinely like the two teams at the schools where I work, and I like working at both places, but I'm getting paid a pretty low amount and could do a lot better. I'd feel guilty just dropping the two schools and the guys I work with, but at the end of the day, you have to look out for yourself. I have also briefly explained my less-than-optimal situation with the Head's of Department at each school so they understand to an extent (I didn't tell them everything - as little as I like my employer I still wouldn't badmouth him or his damn company to the schools that contract him, that's just unprofessional) my situation and have actually expressed that they could set me up/recommend me elsewhere, so that's cool. So yes, I've started actively looking for new jobs and hope to have one by the start of next year.

Enough negativity.

Yesterday was pretty cool, me and two friends went to this area called 'The Spit' on the Gold Coast  to take pictures of their cars. They have two sporty cars, one has a Nissan S15 and the other a Toyota Chaser and they've been wanting car booty-shots for a while, so yesterday was the day we headed out. The weather was pretty bad on the way down, but the clouds did clear up and it actually turned out to be a good day. It also gave me a time to bust out my camera again and take some creative shots. I was pretty happy with how some turned out.


Lookin' all pro 'n shit.


Some are a bit too dark, but I didn't/don't have time to touch them up in post-processing. But you still get the general idea, heh. After the 'shoot' we had lunch at this fish & chip place about two minutes drive away. We just talked for ages (we hadn't all caught up in a fair while) and it was good to catch up with them in person again. After lunch we went to a different location (still in the Gold Coast) and set up for a few more shots, and then drove home after that. It was looking like it would storm pretty big, and it was lucky I got home when I did, because shortly afterwards it started to absolutely bucket down and there were massively loud thunderclaps. It was awesome. I whiled away the storm by blasting the crap out of Oasis albums. That too, was awesome. Perhaps even more so. I've been on a huge Oasis kick lately - I just bought five of their albums the other day - and have been listening to these guys a hell of a lot. I've always been a big fan, but it was only the other day that I actually went out and bought their albums. I'd been meaning to for a while, but only finally did it recently. I'm only missing one of their albums now, 'Standing on the Shoulders of Giants' (I already had 'Dig Out Your Soul' from a while back). I love these guys all over again, and to a much greater extent. Their music was/is top shelf. Real rock 'n roll, I say. Too bad they broke up... makes me want to - sing a Sad Song.  

See what I did there? Boom.

Anyways, that's all for now. Sorry again about the time it takes for me to put posts up, I'll try to rectify that.

You're Gonna Go Far, Kid
The Offspring
Rise and Fall, Rage and Grace, 2008

2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry about your employer :(
    And those are really awesome photos.
    After trying to take nice photos this week, I realized how hard it was :P

    ReplyDelete