Sunday, September 11, 2011

How You Like Me Now?


Whatup peeps.

I've come to realise I've never actually done an entry on what I personally am like. I mean sure I've blogged about what I've thought and stuff, but I've never blogged about what I really as a person am like. I've never really described myself, what I'm like, hobbies, etc etc. There is admittedly stuff on the sides of my blog, and even my About Me page (if youhaven't read it for some indescribable reason, there's still hope for you... read it now), but I reckon I could do a bit more. And another thing, I don't think I've ever posted a clear picture of myself and what I look like. I've only really uploaded pics of myself where my face is obscured or otherwise covered, so none of you really have any idea what I actually look like. I know that I've found it a bit harder to connect with someone and their blog if I don't know what they look like, and that when they do eventually show themselves, I think "Oh, that's what they look like. Cool."
This entry will have no real 'flow' to it, it'll just be me typing things sporadically as I think them. So yeah, this could get weird. Anyway. I think it's time for a proper unveiling.




And without further ado;


How you like me now?

Don't ask me why there's a broom handle in that picture, for I have absolutely no idea. Also, I never look that 'happy' or quizzical. Normally I am brooding, stoic, and badarse. Anyway, that pic's about a year old. So, if I look undesirable, ladies, I look better now. And if by some miraculous freak-mixture of God and science I do look desirable, then ladies... I've only gotten better. And also please take note of that badarse facial hair. I was able to grow it by mere thought alone within minutes. Manly. Anyway, now that you guys know what I look like, does that change your line of thought on my content? I'm curious. Does it change anything? Maybe it's just me who thinks like that.

What else can I say about myself? Well, I am disgustingly short, unfortunately. So short, that I am uncomfortable with disclosing my height. I mean I'm not a midget, but I'm also not 6-foot, which has long been a dream of mine, namely when I realised I would never be 6-foot tall. I walk with regular style and aplomb. I swagger. I don't dance, but when I move, music is heard. I can crack my kneecaps alarmingly loud every 5 or so minutes. Which, apart from making me seem threatening (and implying that if I were to deliver a beatdown, it would not be distributed with my fists, but with my feet, as I crack not my knuckles, but my knees) means I'll most likely be hobbling due to arthritis by the ripe old age of 35. My hair is thick and grows pretty fast, making it hard to control in that annoying 'not long enough to 'style' (damnit that sounds so metro) and yet too short to leave unattended' stage. Right now it's a fair bit longer than in that picture, and I'm planning to let it grow a bit longer now, and hopefully turn out something even remotely like Jared Padalecki's from Supernatural. That's right. I said it. What of it? Damn I'm glad that no one I know in person reads this blog...

I'm much more of an introvert than an extrovert, though lately I have begun a push towards the latter rather than the former as being stuck at home every weekend doing shit-all is making me realise I'm wasting my life. So I'm actively beginning to try and do something at least once every week to just get out there and live a little. So far it's going good, I just hope I can keep it up.

I like reading (though I'm not able to do it anywhere near as much as I like - curse you, full time work) and you can witness my favourite series along the side there. I listen to music a LOT, and again, you can read just which bands on the side. Even right now as I write, I'm cranking out some beats. Namely The Heavy, which for some sad reason I've only just discovered. They are quite boss. I like eating (doesn't everyone?) and have recently discovered the most amazing snack, ever. Period (HA, I said 'period'. I am so crude...). I mean seriously, this shit is the bomb-diggity. It might not be exactly 'healthy' (damnit, what is these days? Seems like everything bloody gives you cancer), and it might kill me sooner rather than later, but screw it, if/when it does kill me -- what a way to go. What is this heavenly snack, ladies and gentlemen? One of you already knows (and she's probably saying something along the lines of "bitch please, I put you onto this,"...) but, for the rest of you, it is:


PLUS (+)



Yes. Yes.

This unholy mashup is good. Disgustingly good. So good, in fact, that I've almost polished off a tub that size by myself... in under two weeks. Awesome, thy name is ME. I'm not joking when I say I've had it for freaking breakfast. I mean, it's just that insanely good. Do yourself a favour and go out and by these two ingredients right-freaking-now. You will thank me later for changing your lives. And if by some freak occurrence you've already discovered this edible nirvana, I have only one thing to say to you; why the HELL did you not let me in on this? For shame.

I would also like to stress that I still prefer cheesecake to this combination; but I did say the above duo is a snack; cheesecake is not a snack. It is a meal. It's a lifestyle. So no, I have not changed in that regard. And just a headsup, I had a 'New York Style Cheesecake' for dessert at a restaurant the other night, and it was insane. Livin' the dream here, people.



Anyway, that's all I can think to say right now. Though this post was relatively breif-ish, be content in the fact that you can stare at my face in the above picture for as long as you like. It'll get you through.

And now, I'm off for breakfast. And you all know for damn sure what I'm about to eat.

What... of it. 

Adios.

The Heavy
The House That Dirt Built, 2009



9 comments:

  1. Great post!! I love the stream-of-thought vibe to it! Also, I'm gonna have to try that snack. And then I'll get fat, and YOU'LL BE TO BLAME!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmmm Nutella is so yummy...

    And that song by The Heavy has been in a few commercials here in the US so whenever I hear it I think of huge heavy duty trucks and Levi jeans. Oh, and energy drinks, and Nike.

    You look a bit like how I pictured you in my head so... I don't know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks so goooooddd.
    (I'm not getting rid of my summer weight gain anytime soon.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just had a couple of cheesecakes now actually. Also, nutella is good on anything.

    Fickle Cattle
    ficklecattle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this post and getting to know more about you, my friend! You wrote this so well - and I am still waiting to try Oreos and Nutella (though Oreos and peanut butter are still an unbreakable combination).

    Also, if you like The Heavy, I found this amazing remix to it a few months ago - so good. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jCaHCsi9bmc

    ReplyDelete
  6. And by "it", I meant "How You Like Me Now." I need more sleep, clearly.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice to hear a bit more about you! Or read... whatever. I just wanted to let you know that I too put cheesecake on the list of eternally-delicious desserts. Well done... well done indeed.

    On being short, I can certainly sympathise; I stand at a pathetic one hundred and fifty four centimetres tall. Or should I say 'short.'

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Haha! I found your blog through Eeshie's.

    Well dude, I've never shown my face in my blog either. I don't think it changes anything anyway. But if I want to really start getting love letters from ladies over the internet, then I probably should show myself. XD

    Just a little sidenote: Peanut butter is waaay better than Nutella. Munching Oreos and peanut butter is my favorite pastime. So sorry dude, but Peanut butter beats your nirvana. =P

    You have a cool blog. I like monochrome too, and your blog is interesting. I hope to read more from ya.

    You have a long list of bands you like. They're all pretty good. But I especially love Coldplay and The Verve!!! They rock. =]

    Kudos.

    ReplyDelete