Sunday, November 28, 2010

Finally back online

No people, I have not died. No I did not abandon this blog after only two posts, both of which professed my desire to keep this thing going. So what happened? Something very tragic for a self confessed geek/nerd/poindextor/playa like me; my computer shat itself.

Now some of you out there would be like "Bitch please", but for a nerd like me, this was a calamitous event. Compounded exponentially by the fact that I was incapacitated (digitally) by the loss of my work horse (guffaw) for almost three weeks. I know right? A ridiculous amount of time. An entire three weeks. Without a pc. No internet. No music playing on my madcore speakers. No game playing. No por - *cough* - porridge *shifty eyes*. But yes, in all honesty, it was a pretty brutal almost-three-weeks.




Why did it take so long? Who knows, really. Of course the people I took it in to said there was a hold up getting a certain part for me, and to an extent I believe them. But I mean an additional week at LEAST, just for one part? I find that a bit trying, but what could I do? Go in there and shoot up the place? Alas, only in GTA. There is one thing I realised during that time though, something that I'd suspected but was scared to admit. I am heavily dependant on my computer. I use it for a multitude of things. From music, movies, watching tv shows, playing a crapload of games (most of which involve shooting Nazis in the face with an automatic weapon), internet-ing, Facebooking, and a whole lot of sundry tasks of which I thought were monotonous and dull, only to find out my life is a lot more monotonous and dull when I DON'T do them. Sad, I know. But it wasn't all bad. My Xbox had its busiest two-and-a-bit-weeks.

But yes, I am a bit surprised to admit just how crippled I did feel without my computer. I'm on it every day for hours at a time I have to say, just doing whatever. I wake up in the morning, take a shower eat breakfast if there's some sort of edible meat in the fridge (I rebelled against cereal in late high school) and then, most likely, I'm on my pc. Pretty depressing to think about, but eh. If it wasn't for the fact that I recently got a full-time contract where I work for 38 hours a week, I think I would have been bored feces-less. As it was, I was up at 4:30am to start work at 6am and work til 3, pretty much Monday to Friday. That gave me something to do I guess, apart from sitting at my computer chair and staring endlessly at the words 'No display device detected' on my monitor.

I would have loved to head out in my car and delve deeper into my photography, but working all those hours every weekday kind of takes it out of you, and I'm sad to say I didn't go on any photographic forays during my pc-downtime, which I deeply regret but admit was unavoidable. Ah well. Maybe it's all a lesson, to make me get off my arse and go, you know - outside, and enjoy life a bit more.  To stop being such a nerd/digital playa and become more of a man.

And maybe I'll do just that.

Achievement Unlocked
- Get A Life 50 pts

Just kidding *wink*. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. Unless it's a pc and you're really dependant on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment