Tuesday, November 2, 2010

The Beginning

Greetings all.

This will hopefully be the first of many posts that I will, uh - post. I've wanted to start a proper blog for a while but for some reason I've never really gotten around to it. The closest I've gotten before this was an ill-fated  attempt at one we HAD to create for a certain university subject. Which, needless to say, sucked. This I hope, will be a much more fruitful attempt at a 'proper' blog by me, about my interpretations of, well, whatever really.





Anyway, a little about myself. I'm currently 21, Sri Lankan born and living in Australia since 1990. So I've been here practically all of my life and suffice it to say, I do have an Aussie accent... for which I am grateful (no offence to my home country, but yeah...). I recently graduated from university, where I did a bachelor's degree of Corporate Systems Management. Don't ask me what that means exactly, because I'm not entirely sure. Something to do with managing systems within a corporate context, I've been led to believe. I'm currently looking for a full time job. And by 'looking' I mean I've sent off a copy of resume' to an employment agency while they look for me. Sad but true. I've tried looking at a few places by myself, but it's not exactly fun or easy. But enough about that.

I greatly enjoy photography, and a few months ago bought my first DSLR camera, a Nikon D3000. It's an entry level 'pro' camera I guess I could say. It's a lot more powerful than a typical point-and-shoot camera, but doesn't have all the bells and whistles of a top line camera carried by, say, a sports or wildlife photographer who takes photos for a living. That being said, it's still a powerful little tool with a lot of features and settings and it's just right for me. Simple to use while still being potent when tweaked the right way. I've still got a lot to learn about photography, but I'm loving every minute of it, and I love getting out on location to just fire away.

I also enjoy reading. A lot. I especially like fantasy novels (as you can probably tell from the 'Books' section in my profile), and the longer the series the better. I also love a good comic, namely the Tintin and Asterix series. True classics. Music is also another passion of mine. And though I can't play an instrument or carry a tune in any bucket regardless of shape or form, I love listening to music. Rock mainly, though there are so many variations of rock it's hard to nail it down. But I can be a fan of any genre if it appeals to me, I don't get pigeon-holed into one genre so easily.

That's enough for now I guess. I don't want to blog myself out straight away. Anyway, like I said before, I hope this is the first of many, many blog entries and I hope that you are able to take something away from what I've written, no matter how small or potentially meaningless.

Peas out.

1 comment:

  1. How come everyone's first post was so much better than mine? Seriously. Mine, in a word, SUCKED. Honestly. If you don't believe me, you need to go look at it right now. It SUCKS. It's just so terrible. I'm ashamed of it. I sound like a five year old.

    Ah, well. But yeah, I love you ten times more because of the fact that you have an Aussie accent. That's some hot stuff right there, man.

    ;D

    ReplyDelete