Saturday, February 25, 2012

Stay Young

I've been pretty lazy. And I feel lazy right now, so I don't have a lot to blog about. But this morning I did decide to bust out my macro lens and give it a bit of a run by taking pictures of Lego.

Lego is colourful as all hell and is hands down, no competition, the toy of the year every year. Or it should be. The fact that it sometimes may not be is a stark reminder or the darkness of the times we live in and appallingly dire proof of how low humanity can sometimes sink.




Back on point, Lego is awesome and is a great little tool to get creative with photography by posing them and recreating historic and/or movie scenes with them. Like so. But, me being lazy, I just dumped a few pieces on my bed and fired away.

Hey, we've all gotta start somewhere. And thart being said, I liked the way the pictures turned out. Again, because of the colour, but also because of my sweet sweet macro lens*.

Enjoy. And hopefully I'll actually post about something substantial sometime soon.







*#unashamedbraggart

Stay Young
Oasis
The Masterplan, 1998

18 comments:

  1. I like lego. It took up a substantial part of my childhood.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It currently doesn't take up enough of my adulthood. I dream of having display cabinets in which I can display my acquired lego sets when I get my own house.

      What can I say, I dream big.

      Delete
  2. This is a really interesting blog!

    www.modernworld4.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still play with Legos. They're amazing.

    THAT IS AN AWESOME MACRO LENS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are, scientifically speaking, the shit.

      And my macro lens blushed at the compliment.

      Delete
  4. I love Legos!!!

    I like all the pictures you took :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG, TWINS!

      Haha but yeah Lego is the boss :P

      Delete
  5. I am really envious right towards your Legos collection right now. I used to play with them when I was a kid but I lost most of the pieces to my house collection so I had to end up building a pueblo instead. It has an AC system and upscale furniture but you have to climb up into the house using some thorny vines.

    By the way, your comment made me all sentimental. I was kind of embarrassed, but the happiness overpowered the rest, so thank you. Times infinity. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No worries, and no thanks needed. But I'll take them and cash them in for some cake, well played.

      I'd lose my shit if I lost Lego pieces, they NEED to be together. If they're not, the societal order breaks down and chaos ensues. That can't happen.

      Delete
  6. I haven't met a single person who doesn't love Lego.
    Lego is probably the most played with toy in the world.
    I lost half my Lego pieces. My mum gave the rest away. :(
    It's what i want most for my birthday.
    I love your pictures. but they made me a bit sad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd go on a rampage if my Lego was given away. The kind of rampage where you demolish orphanages and squash pet stores.
      And my bad about making you sad... whoops. Taking the photos made me nostalgic as well, because I haven't played or built with them in a looong time.

      Delete
  7. Hi. Back here after a long time, if you'll have me, that is. I caught up on a couple of posts before this one; I know nothing about cameras or weighing between two jobs, but I do know a thing or two about legos, so you haven't missed my expert inputs on much. That was just to reassure you though, here's my lego-related anecdote-

    I once stamped on one, and then I saw the light at the end of the tunnel. I only narrowly escaped certain heavenly ascent when my throbbing foot managed to twitch enough to automatically trample a few more of them lying around, by which point the pain was too persistent to even let my soul escape from my mortal shell. So that incident kind of killed legos for me. But I loved those sets though, the house one and the car one. Those were fun. A long time back.

    Ok that was not really an anecdote and I tried to make it as long-winded as I could, but bottom-line, legos HURT. And it's good to be back here. That is all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Course you're good to come back. All are welcome back into the fold. It's kinda like what J. K Rowling said about Hogwarts always being open. Or something. Who knows.

      Lego was painful as hell when you stepped on it, but it only made me appreciate more their POWER. You had to REPECT them, you had to APPRE -- yeah no it hurt.

      Worth it.

      Delete
  8. I stepped on Legos a lot of times in my childhood and i think i died every single time. I can just appreciate them from afar now. :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It made me paranoid for a bit too, but I couldn't resist the temptation. They were just too colourful, and those smiling yellow faces... irresistable.

      Delete
  9. HEY! Stay young and invincible!

    Legos are the best. Except when stepped upon.
    I used to make buildings with my brothers. Not a lot of interest in playing with them beyond being both architect and contractor.

    Awesome pictures! Nice macro shots.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cheers yo. I played with them as well after building the sets. And sometimes I'd do a big mash-up fest, and there'd be an Aquanauts dudes driving an ambulance. Crazy times.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I still love lego. It's an integral part of survival when babysitting boys. Mechano, is underrated though. I still feel it was the nice grandfather of lego!

    Randomly strolled across your blog for the first time. Think I might stick around :)

    ReplyDelete